Exhaustive list of possible outputs

Forum for asking and answering questions related to use of the OpenSeesPy module

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

Kefeng

Exhaustive list of possible outputs

Post by Kefeng »

Hi,

Long story short, I am developing a Python wrapper (yet another one) based on OpenSeesPy but with features inspired from FLAC3D (e.g., grouping nodes and elements, retrieving nodes and elements given coordinates...).

Among these features, instead of working with tags, I am working directly with node and element objects. One feature I'd like to add is to be able to directly access nodes and elements outputs using properties. For instance,

Code: Select all

beam.moment_x
would return the bending moment along x-axis for a given beam. That can be done by wrapping the appropriate output function (e.g., ops.eleForce).

I understand that these functions' outputs depend on several factors like the number of dimensions or type of elements. However, I haven't been able to find a detailed documentation that describes all the possible outputs. Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help!
jalaljahromi

Re: Exhaustive list of possible outputs

Post by jalaljahromi »

I would like to work with Python, but I have not yet found an exact source for it. Thank you for your help.