Element SFI_MVLEM

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

jaimercado

Element SFI_MVLEM

Post by jaimercado »

Hello All,

I want to run the following examples (use the link) , but when i am doing that, Opensees has stooped working.
http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... r_RC_Walls

Looking for any error inside the tcl files, i found the line that produce the error is on the definition of the SFI_MVLEM..

# element SFI_MVLEM eleTag iNode jNode m c -thick fiberThick -width fiberWidth -mat matTags
element SFI_MVLEM 1 1 2 5 0.4 -thick $t $t $t $t $t -width 9 10 10 10 9 -mat 7 6 6 6 7

According to the webpage where the material is defined, the line is correct, but obviously that is not the case.

Could you please help me with this. Thanks.
jaimercado

Re: Element SFI_MVLEM

Post by jaimercado »

I was talking with Dr. Kolozvari and he has run the examples and it worked. The only difference that we have is that his Opensees uses a 32-bit tcl, while mine uses 64-bit. I dont know if this is important.

Also, could be the svn version of the file? How can i download the last version?

Thanks
jaimercado

Post by jaimercado »

I think the problem is solved. I installed OpenSees 2.5 version for 32-bit and the model ran without any crashing. However it is not converging but OpenSees is not crashing anymore.

I think that crash should not happen, since the only difference is 32 or 64-bits.

Thanks
mnadhro

Post by mnadhro »

I also have the same problem, and not only with SF_MVLEM, but also with MVLEM,
the problem is not only in SFI_MVLEM, error messages mentioned ConcreteCM at the beginning, so I tried to modify the code and after stop using "-GapClose" option the error messages keep coming put the problem changed to be in SFI_MVLEM, I tried a lot in changing and playing with the parameters but there was no luck for me to make the code work.

I am using linux OS, and also test the code on Windows 64 machines and did not work, after seeing Mr. jaimercado comments I tried the 32bit version on windows machine and the code worked, although it had convergence problems as jaimercado mentioned.

but still, I could not solve it on my main machine on Linux.

I hope we could have a batch in the source code to be able to compile it and make work in Linux.

thanks
selimgunay

Post by selimgunay »

Could you contact Dr. Kristijan Kolozvari in CSU Fullerton?
ahmadbsr

Post by ahmadbsr »

selimgunay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:16 am Could you contact Dr. Kristijan Kolozvari in CSU Fullerton?
Can I model the Shear wall in the bay of frame with SFI method ?