my link with MATLAB runs smoothly on mac but not on windows

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

assimi

my link with MATLAB runs smoothly on mac but not on windows

Post by assimi »

Hi, I have written a code to find optimal truss structure using evolutionary algorithms. Furthermore, these kind of algorithms are based on numerous computations. my code produces some text outputs and i read them from Matlab, these outputs are stiffness matrix,axial forces and displacements in nodes. The code runs smoothly on Mac OS X but it crashes without any errors in Windows, I have tested Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, and Matlab 2013,2015 and OpenSees 32/64 bit. but this problem persists. I don't know what's wrong but I guess there is a problem with Windows in handling text files in linkage with Matlab. Any idea or insight would be appreciated to help me in solving this irritating problem.
assimi

Re: my link with MATLAB runs smoothly on mac but not on wind

Post by assimi »

correction : The code runs smoothly on Mac OS X but it crashes without any errors in Windows after hundreds of computations.
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

is it one script with many for loops or are you using matlab to repeatedly call opensees?
assimi

Post by assimi »

First of all, thx for your reply. I'm repeatedly calling it in two sections; first I take stiffness matrix in a file with printA and I check the eigenvalues for stability and second, I run force/displacement analysis and it results in two files which include axial forces and displacement, so I guess I'm repeatedly calling it.
By the way, is there any way that I can calculate eigenvalues in tcl file without taking output and checking stability or for the second section that I need stresses in every element? I didn't find any command to do it directly in tcl.
Toutant

Post by Toutant »