panel zone and Timoshenko Beam(2 Question)

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

kamehdikhani

panel zone and Timoshenko Beam(2 Question)

Post by kamehdikhani »

hi to all
it is question for me that in modelling a nonlinear 2D Steel moment resisting frame with concentrated plasticity if we dont want to consider the effect of panel zone is it true to model the frame like a linear frame and only add plastic hinges to elastic elements?
if it is wrong what should we do to ignore the effect of panel zone in modeling? how we should model beam- column-joint to ignore effect of panel zone?

another question :
i model a 2D nonlinear steel moment resisting frame with concentrated plasticity ignoring panel zone effect (i didnt model panel zone)when i use elasticbeamcolumn element with GeomTransf Linear and PDelta i can easily get pushover curve but when i want to consider shear deformation by use of Timoshenko beam in Linear GeomTransf model Converge and i got Pushover Curve but in GeomTrans Pdelta I have converge Problem and i cant get pushover curve of frame . i did all the things we should do to converge changing algorithm and minimizing disploading and ..

i should say that i have this problem in Linear model too!!
when i model LINEAR model of frame i can easily get linear part of pushover curve with using elasticbeamColumn considering PDelta and ignoring PDelta (GeomTransf = Linear & PDelta) but when i use Timoshenko Beam To see effect of shear deformation I have converge problem when i want to see PDelta effect on frame.model not converge.
what is the problem???????
thanks
kaveh