Repeat pushover analysis without rebuilding model

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

dschmuhl

Repeat pushover analysis without rebuilding model

Post by dschmuhl »

Hi all,

I have been performing a time-dependent procedure in which I build a model and perform a pushover analysis within a loop for a certain number of time steps. On each pass through the loop, I wipe everything and rebuild the model from scratch, with the changing of certain parameters representing the change in time.

I would like to shift this paradigm slightly and instead of rebuilding the model from scratch each time, modify time-dependent parameters using the "updateParameter" command while leaving everything else as is. The problem I am running into is I cannot figure out how to "reset" the structure, so to speak, so I can run a second analysis. I am using displacement control for the pushover analysis and when I try to run the analysis a second time after updating the parameters, nodeDisp still returns the final displacement from the previous run so OpenSees thinks the analysis is already complete when it runs through the analysis algorithm and exits on the first iteration. I have tried using "wipeAnalysis", but that doesn't help and I don't want to use "wipe" because I want to keep the current states of many of my nodes and elements as they do not change over time. Any help on how to address this would be appreciated!

Dan
fmk
Site Admin

Re: Repeat pushover analysis without rebuilding model

Post by fmk »

the command "reset" will set everything in Domain back to initial state of model.