calculate history of hystersis energy for 2d frame

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

n_siahpolo

calculate history of hystersis energy for 2d frame

Post by n_siahpolo »

Dear all
hi
I model 2d frame and run a nonlinear analysis for a prescribed ground motion. After all, I would like to calculate 4 part of input energy (kinetic, damping,elastic strain and hysteresis). So is there any way to calculate history of hysteresis and damping energy by Opensees?. I am familiar with Mat-lab so if there is any suggestion to help me to achieve this purpose, i will appreciate it in-advance. it is good to say I developed a simple code which is calculate input energy for SDOF and MDOF and I know that at free vibration phase of analysis, the input energy is equal to combination of damping and strain (elastic and inelastic) energy.
Tnx
fmk
Site Admin

Re: calculate history of hystersis energy for 2d frame

Post by fmk »

if you are using fiber model, not really .. if you have a hing model you could record force-deformation of all hinges and sum up.
kavir

Post by kavir »

Hi
If I use distributed plasticity element (nonlin beam column ele) so for computing hysteresis energy, internal forces and deformation at witch section must be recorded for MATLAB post processing?
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

as mentioned it's not really possible for the fiber model .. unless you want to start looking at numerical integration.
kavir

Post by kavir »

Hi Dear fmk
I write a numerical matlab code for calculating hysteresis energy. but i want a simple example of hysteresis energy ( Hysteresis energy of a portal frame) for validation of my code. i search in google but i do not found. can you help me?