Flow Liquefaction with PDMY material

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

mnt

Flow Liquefaction with PDMY material

Post by mnt »

The mechanism of liquefaction in PressureDependMultiYield material is cyclic mobility (non-flow liquefaction) but in the manual there are 5 optional parameters in the PDMY material command based on the work of Li and Wang to define critical state line for modeling flow liquefaction. I am modeling loose sand and I want to model flow liquefaction but when I use those 5 optional parameters there is no difference in my answers between this situation and the state I don't use those 5 parameters. Would you mind tell me why there is no difference in the results when I use or I don't use critical state parameters and why the flow liquefaction is not modeled?

Thanks
fmk
Site Admin

Re: Flow Liquefaction with PDMY material

Post by fmk »

i apologize, bu this is the response i have had in an email i received from the authors of the material when i asked them to look at the problem" suggest users not to use that feature (flow liquefaction) of the PressureDependMultiYield material since that feature has not been fully tested."

what is the paper you are referring to. if i know the author i may be able to get them to answer the question.
mnt

Re: Flow Liquefaction with PDMY material

Post by mnt »

Thanks for your reply.
So is there any other material that can be used for modeling flow liquefaction?