Material NewTemplate3Dep

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

mhm

Material NewTemplate3Dep

Post by mhm »

I want to use the opensees command "nDMaterial NewTemplate3Dep", but I can't find this command in openseeswiki. How can I access to this manual command?
fmk
Site Admin

Re: Material NewTemplate3Dep

Post by fmk »

you cannot. the material was removed by its author.
mhm

Post by mhm »

Would you please tell me why this material has been removed?
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

the version we had had some problems and the author was unwilling to contribute the bug free version of the code or in the end any of his code to the open source framework. you cannot keep everybody happy all of the time!
mhm

Post by mhm »

Thank you for your time
Using command “Element brickUP” and “nDmaterial ManzariDafalias”, I have made a three-dimensional model of soil column at Opensees. Under gravity analyzing stage, horizontal stress ratio of element to vertical stress of element (K0) didn’t give a logical value. So, how soil side pressure can be applied to soil column at opensees in order to get the logical value (K0)?
parduino

Post by parduino »

To generate appropriate initial stresses (including Ko type conditions) you must first run the analysis forcing a drained condition. Moreover, since gravity is applied everywhere it is common to assume during this stage the material behaves elastic.
mhm

Post by mhm »

I have run the analysis forcing a drained condition, but the value of Ko obtained less than 0.1!
I think the material "ManzariDafalias" only computes stress and strain of element. For applying soil lateral pressure in stages soil self weight and seismic shaking, what should I do?