Pushover Error: "Integer Value too Large to Represent"

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

aodonne1

Pushover Error: "Integer Value too Large to Represent"

Post by aodonne1 »

I am running a reverse-cyclic pushover analysis of a wall panel model using the files from Example 4 (specifically “LibGeneratePeaks”) on the OpenSEES website. I am able to run a symmetrical reversed cyclic pushover (with “CycleType” set to “Full”) for multiple peak displacements in both directions with no issues. However, whenever I attempt to run an asymmetric reversed pushover analysis (by setting “CycleType” to either “Push” or “Half”) with 3 or more peaks I get the error message: “integer value too large to represent”. I can run the asymmetrical analysis fine if I just push once in the positive direction and once in the negative direction but if I try to push any more I get the error message. The only thing that I am changing between the two analyses (symmetric and asymmetric) are the values assigned to “iDmax.”

I’m not sure if this information matters but I am running OpenSEE Version 2.4.0 on a PC.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Andrew
fmk
Site Admin

Re: Pushover Error: "Integer Value too Large to Represent"

Post by fmk »

would need to see the script. However, this is not an OpenSees issue but a tcl one. I suggest before you send me the script that you google tcl and the error message. a number of solutions are presented.
songwang

Re: Pushover Error: "Integer Value too Large to Represent"

Post by songwang »

aodonne1 wrote:
> I am running a reverse-cyclic pushover analysis of a wall panel model using the files
> from Example 4 (specifically “LibGeneratePeaks”) on the OpenSEES website. I am able
> to run a symmetrical reversed cyclic pushover (with “CycleType” set to “Full”) for
> multiple peak displacements in both directions with no issues. However, whenever
> I attempt to run an asymmetric reversed pushover analysis (by setting “CycleType”
> to either “Push” or “Half”) with 3 or more peaks I get the error message: “integer
> value too large to represent”. I can run the asymmetrical analysis fine if I just
> push once in the positive direction and once in the negative direction but if I
> try to push any more I get the error message. The only thing that I am changing
> between the two analyses (symmetric and asymmetric) are the values assigned to “iDmax.”
>
> I’m not sure if this information matters but I am running OpenSEE Version 2.4.0 on
> a PC.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Andrew

hi Andrew:

Did you figure out how to solve this problem? I encountered the same issue when I try to change from "full" to "Half".

Thanks

Song