difference between nonlinearBeamColumn and dispBeamColumn?

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

luoyunbiao

difference between nonlinearBeamColumn and dispBeamColumn?

Post by luoyunbiao »

I really appreciate if someone tell me that the difference between nonlinearBeamColumn element and dispBeamColumn element.I have done analysis of a 2d frame with these two element respectively under same condition ,but the results are quite different.
pejman_opensees

Post by pejman_opensees »

There are plenty of difference. Fortunately recently I studied alot about these two types and I have good experience working with both of them. First of all I should say that Professor Filippou et al. have done extensive research and developed different force beam column element with so many capabilitis. I strongly recommand you to look for publications of Professor Filippou. Specially those papers and reports that Mr. Neounhofer has had cooperation with him. For any other particular question, I would be glad if I could help.
Pejman
luoyunbiao

Post by luoyunbiao »

Thank you very much for your reply ,pejman !I will follow your advice and take action .And if I have any question ,i will seek for your advice and help .best wishes .
Disaster Prevention Research Institute
http://www.steel.dpri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/
Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
luoyunbiao@hotmail.com