Leon model

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

enginbal

Leon model

Post by enginbal »

Hi,

I try to create a template3Dep material by introducing Leon type yield surface. I use the following code but the program gives the error "invalid yield function:-Leon / nDMaterial template3Dep -Could not create a YS from 'Leon 20 2 0.6 .2' "

# Leon model Yield surface
set ys "-Leon 20 2 0.6 .2"
# Potential surface
set ps "-Leon 20 2 0.6 .2"
# Scalar evolution law
set ES1 "-Leq "
#Tensorial evolution law
set ET1 "-Linear"
# Elastic model
nDMaterial ElasticCrossAnisotropic 1 10000 20000 0.3 0.3 5000

# EPState
set EPS "-NOD 1 -NOS 2 10.0 0.0"

# Creating nDMaterial using Template Elastic-PLastic Model
nDMaterial Template3Dep 2 1 -YS $ys -PS $ps -EPS $EPS -ELS1 $ES1 -ELT1 $ET1

I have also downloaded the latest version from the website but no success. Could you please help me on this?

Thanks,

Ihsan...
Dr. Ihsan Engin BAL
Researcher, EUCENTRE, Pavia, Italy
silvia

Post by silvia »

you should look who the authors of the material are and contact them directly if you want the quickest answer.
Silvia Mazzoni, PhD
Structural Consultant
Degenkolb Engineers
235 Montgomery Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA. 94104
Boris

Leon Model

Post by Boris »

We have not used Leon model in few years so I am not sure what is going on.It is not part of what we are contracted to do for OpenSees so I am not sure what the status of the code at UCB is. This was a GPL contribution many years ago, but since I stopped doing those a while ago (for various reasons), and since they are not supported by NEESit, they are now available at geomechanics.ucdavis.edu...
Having said that, we were busy with other stuff and have not really used or maintained Leon model, but if you have a bit of time I can quide you to make sure it works fine for you...
email me directly if you want to do this...

Boris Jeremic

Boris Jeremic