64 bit opensees

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

jefferyr

64 bit opensees

Post by jefferyr »

Hello,

I'm assuming that the 'regular' opensees executable is compiled for 32 bits. If I wanted to used opensees using Windows 7 64 bit, is the only way to take advantage of 64 bits is to using the SP or MP version? I'm thinking that if I don't use the SP or MP verison, then WOW64 will be needed, slowing things down.

Thanks,

jeff
fmk
Site Admin

Re: 64 bit opensees

Post by fmk »

SP and MP versions are also provided as 32bit apps. you could always download the src code and modify the windows projects and build a 64bit version. you can download a trial version of windows studio. OpenSees compiles and runs fine on 64 bit linux boxes, i just ddon't have access to a 64 bit windows one at the moment,
jefferyr

Post by jefferyr »

I was reading your webpage for the parallel version of opensees, and it states specifically needing the intel architecture. Since mpich2 is dependent upon the OS, wouldn't the parallel version of opensees also be dependent only on the os? So, a 6-core AMD processor would be sufficient?

Thanks,

Jeff
amiryousefi

Post by amiryousefi »

Gentlemen

My name is Amir Mohammad Yousefi and I'm Master Student of Structural Engineering in Lorestan University, Iran.
I have a Question about OpenSees Navigator 2.5.1 (64-bit) from you sir. I Installed Matlab on my computer then I downloaded and installed MCR Installer 7.13 (32-bit) and OpenSees Navigator 2.5.1 (64bit) on my computer.
I can model my 3D-frame but because I haven't OpenSees (64bit) and Active TCL (64bit) I can't Run OpenSees in Analyze Menu to analyze my model and I have error.
Please help me what can I do.
Your kindness in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Yours Faithfully
A. M. Yousefi
Master Student of Structural Engineering