Recording the element stress strain histories

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

naba077

Recording the element stress strain histories

Post by naba077 »

Dear all,
I've a 3-dimensional nonlinear model whose elements are modeled with fiber elements. There are many fiber elements in one section; for example-reinforcements, concrete (confined, highly confined and unconfined) & steel sections modeled with many fiber elements and sections are different for different beams and columns. How can I record the properties of all elements at a time for time history analysis? OR is it compulsory to define each fiber element by " recorder Element -file ele1.out -time -ele 1 section 1 fiber $y $z <$matID>

The motive of recording the element properties is to analyze the yielding properties of elements for different kind of loads. Are there any special/simple methods to analyze yielding properties of elements for a 3-D structures having many elements?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance..
alikmo

Re: Recording the element stress strain histories

Post by alikmo »

you can use the following command to save fiber data for all the fibers of all the sections of all the elements in the eleRange, but it will be a huge file and difficult to interpret the results.
recorder Element -xml FileName.xml -time -eleRange 1 100 section fiberData

what do you mean by yield properties?
naba077

Re: Recording the element stress strain histories

Post by naba077 »

Thank you very much alikmo. This will be helpful for me a lot.

In the above question, yield properties means that which elements are behaving within elastic range and which are behaving beyond yielding point (inelastic) at what time with different types of loading (e.g with and without soil structure interaction).