Question about IDA analysis in OpenSees

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

AbRiahi

Question about IDA analysis in OpenSees

Post by AbRiahi »

Hi everybody
I want to conduct IDA analysis in OpenSees and I want to proceed the dynamic analysis for each record until a control parameter does not exceed a limit. For example I have the time history of lateral displacement and I want to continue the analysis for each record until Max Displacement<10 in. and after Max Displacement> 10 it goes to another record.
I want to know:
1)How can I do the IDA analysis with that condition? What is the format of the possible while loop?
2)How can I get the max. Displacement during the analysis and comparing that to the defined limit?
3)Can we have the largest scale factor that analysis was performed for each record in a file?
Eli

Re: Question about IDA analysis in OpenSees

Post by Eli »

It is my question too.
please answer it.
kostast88

Post by kostast88 »

I would suggest to record the control parameter to a specific output file,and perform the analysis in a loop with TCL file manipulation commands, that open the output file at the end of a time step and read the value of the control parameter. After the open/read value,

foreach GMname { GM1 GM2 ...} {
if {value>10}
break
};
The file manipulation commands can be easily found, practice them a little.If there is a better way,I don't know.
hoseinrezaei

Post by hoseinrezaei »

hello my friends
I wanted to scale my record base on SA(T1) is it true that I have used this factor ?
'' -factor [expr ($gmf*$g/$SaT)]''
gmf = 0.1 0.2 0.3 , ...
SaT : Spectral acceleration first mode period
thanks in advance.