bridge problem

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

isolator

bridge problem

Post by isolator »

i use os build a three spans simply supported beam,regardless of the collision,the nodes between adjacent spans are using the different coordinates or using the same coordinates?When i use the different coordinates,the results of the middle pier bottom shear are closing to the results of the side pier bottom shear.Who can help me to solve?Thanks!
fmk
Site Admin

Re: bridge problem

Post by fmk »

could you rephrase the question.
isolator

Post by isolator »

the end node of the first span and the starting node of the second span are the same location or not?if not,the results of the middle pier(the second pier) bottom shear are closing to the results of the side pier(the first pier) bottom shear,thanks.
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

not reakly understanding the question becuase what you seem to be asking is whther to put the 2 nodes for the ends of the 2 spans at the same location or not .. to which i would reply "it's your model why are you asking?" .. are you asking something else??
isolator

Post by isolator »

i'm sorry.i have other question to ask.the three spans simply supported beam place 12 bearings,that is each span simply supported beam place 4 bearings, i use "zeroLength element"to simulation bearing,zeroLength element's material is using Elastic uniaxialMaterial and ElasticPP uniaxialMaterial,the results of pier bottom shear are different:the results that the bearings' material are using Elastic uniaxialMaterial are larger than using ElasticPP uniaxialMaterial,the bearing using Elastic uniaxialMaterial can be as fixed hinge bearing,the bearing using ElasticPP uniaxialMaterial can be as activity hinge bearing,is it right?another question is that: pier bottom moment looked not good,the pier bottom shear is 3900KN,but pier bottom moment is 31431KN*m,the pier is 14m .i don not know whether the question express clearly.Can you help me?