Error in Building OpenSees2.4.0

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

blaiman

Error in Building OpenSees2.4.0

Post by blaiman »

I'm trying to implement modifications to include warping into the current 2.4.0 version. I have been continuing off on work that was done by the University of Sydney on their element development and that version was based off of 2.2.0. However, when I'm trying to build the OpenSees solution file which comes from the website I get 2 failure messages which show this:

Error 20 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl OPS_Bilin(void)" (?OPS_Bilin@@YAPAXXZ) referenced in function "int __cdecl TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand(void *,struct Tcl_Interp *,int,char const * *,class Domain *)" (?TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand@@YAHPAXPAUTcl_Interp@@HPAPBDPAVDomain@@@Z) C:\OpenSees2.4.0\Win32\proj\openSees\material.lib(TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand.obj) OpenSees

Error 22 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl OPS_Bilin(void)" (?OPS_Bilin@@YAPAXXZ) referenced in function "int __cdecl TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand(void *,struct Tcl_Interp *,int,char const * *,class Domain *)" (?TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand@@YAHPAXPAUTcl_Interp@@HPAPBDPAVDomain@@@Z) C:\OpenSees2.4.0\Win32\proj\openSeesTk\material.lib(TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand.obj) OpenSeesTk

both of which are related to the material.lib files. Was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem and if they have any tips or suggestions to get the 2.4.0 solution to build properly. Thanks!

P.S. - I originally had one error message when I first built the solution stating that Element.h couldn't be found from PFEMLinSOE.cpp so I added the element directory to the "system" project and ended up with the errors above.
Brighton Laiman
Development Engineer
RISA Technologies
Foothill Ranch, CA
thomas.ulrich

Re: Error in Building OpenSees2.4.0

Post by thomas.ulrich »

Hi,

I also have problems when compiliing the last version (5253) of Opensees:

LIBRARIES BUILT ... NOW LINKING OpenSees PROGRAM
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ulrich/OpenSeesIntel/SRC/tcl'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `tcl'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ulrich/OpenSeesIntel/SRC/tcl'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ulrich/OpenSeesIntel/SRC/modelbuilder/tcl'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ulrich/OpenSeesIntel/SRC/tcl'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `tcl'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ulrich/OpenSeesIntel/SRC/tcl'
icpc: command line warning #10156: ignoring option '-W'; no argument required
/home/ulrich//lib/OpenSeesIntel/libOpenSees.a(TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand.o): In function `TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand(void*, Tcl_Interp*, int, char const**, Domain*)':
TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand.cpp:(.text+0xa9af): undefined reference to `OPS_Bilin()'
make[1]: *** [tcl] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ulrich/OpenSeesIntel/SRC/modelbuilder/tcl'
make: *** [all] Error 2

It seems that there is a problem with the modifications on Bilin, because 5252 compile without any problems.

Thomas.
blaiman

Post by blaiman »

I was trying to tinker around and figure out how to fix that problem, mainly by looking into the Bilin part but nothing seems to work so far. Any help or insight to this problem and fixing would be greatly appreciated.
Brighton Laiman
Development Engineer
RISA Technologies
Foothill Ranch, CA
blaiman

Post by blaiman »

I guess they fixed it somehow... For some reason I updated my Bilin.cpp to the latest version which was updated yesterday and now I have no more errors...
Brighton Laiman
Development Engineer
RISA Technologies
Foothill Ranch, CA