uniaxialMaterial Bilin

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

sirvan

Re: uniaxialMaterial Bilin

Post by sirvan »

and in Ibarra et al(2005),it says Et=Gamma*Fy*delta-y.additionally it suggests to consider hysteresis with no deteriaration we can use infinite value for Gamma and 50 to 100 for considering deterioration...I m really confused...for Lambda(cyclic deterioration parameter) in bilin material which one should i use?LAMBDA?lambda?or Gamma?
sirvan

Post by sirvan »

in one of those reference it says,Et=LAMBDA*Fy(My) where LAMBDA=lambda*theta-p and in Ibarra et al(2005),it says Et=Gamma*Fy*delta-y.additionally it suggests to consider hysteresis with no deteriaration we can use infinite value for Gamma and 50 to 100 for considering deterioration...I m really confused...for Lambda(cyclic deterioration parameter) in bilin material which one should i use?LAMBDA?lambda?or Gamma?
Wenwen

Post by Wenwen »

dear sirvan
I found the reference hysteretic energy dissipation capacity is defined as Et=LAMBDA*My in the OpenSees source code. So I think you should use LAMBDA in bilin material.
siavash67

Post by siavash67 »

hi every one
I want to calibrate the parameters of ibarra-krawinkler model for experimental tests on steel beam-column connections. for this purpose I have modeled a cantilever beam. but I don't know if I should use the modification factor 'n' decribed in http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... ment_Frame , or I should only model a zerolength element(no cantilever beam) with bilin material and calibrate the parameters.
And if I should use the 'n' factor how should I do this for a cantilever beam.
thanks in advance for your responses.
vesna

Post by vesna »

I can not help you on this as I never used Bilin material. Try contacting the author of the paper for the explanation.
siavash67

Post by siavash67 »

Thank you dear vesna for your response.