export datas during calculating

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

seu

export datas during calculating

Post by seu »

Dear vesna,
I wrote a OpenGL view of the model (it can display my frame), and then calculate it with opensees, and I want to display all the displacements of section integration points along length of element in my window and then product a short video about the beams' displacements.
Here are my questions:
1、 I don't know how to export the needed datas, using "eleResponse" command or "recorder" them to a txt file then read from it? That's very hard and too slow to product a video,for the 3D model with "Geomtransf Corotaional" has about more than 2000 ndoes and 2000 frames using dispBeamColumn.
2、where is the "display" command in the source files? It can show the results synchronismly,while not post processors after calculating.
Sorry for my english,thanks a lot.
seu

Re: export datas during calculating

Post by seu »

I wonder if there is a method to get the datas through memory while not files, could you help me?
Thanks.
vesna

Post by vesna »

1. With the recorder command you can create txt file of the output you want to display.

2. Here are the links to files that create display command:
http://opensees.berkeley.edu/WebSVN/fil ... FeViewer.h
http://opensees.berkeley.edu/WebSVN/fil ... Viewer.cpp

Another way to create the video is to use OpenSees display command to create the video and to download software that creates the video of the terminal that can be saved.
seu

Post by seu »

I wrote a viewport program with OpenGL myself,but it can't display the deformation synchronismly, only can post processors after calculating.
How can I do this like opensees?