Problem in installing Open Sees

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

VISHAL BHATIA

Problem in installing Open Sees

Post by VISHAL BHATIA »

Dear All,
I am trying to install opensees 1.7.4 on my system with fedora 5 as the os, the tcl and tk files have already been installed with their libraries but while installing the opensees file, it instructions say that one needs to modify the $HOME variable and also include the bin and lib directories for opensees. Can somebody suggest how to modify the $HOME variable and what modifications are to be made. Also, how to include the bin and lib directories?

Regards,
Vishal Bhatia
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

you need a Makefile.def .. there are a bunch of ones to look at in the MAKES directory. In this file you need to specify where HOME is. Once
you have specified where this directory is you need to ensure that there are subdirectories lib and bin at this location. this is where the compilation process will place libraries and the .exe
VISHAL BHATIA

Problem in installing opensees

Post by VISHAL BHATIA »

I got the makes directory and the makefile.def of my interest. Now do i have to make the changes inside this file. If yes, then the $ HOME variable is specified at more than one location in this file. Where and how many changes have to be made and what are the changes??

Regards,

Vishal Bhatia
sukumar_baishya

Post by sukumar_baishya »

Dear Vishal,
Pl. see my earlier post to Pallavi in this forum. You will get detailed instruction for preparing the Makefile, and a sample Makefile.def.

Let me know, how it goes. All the Best.
(Sukumar)

-----------------------------------------------------
"Good Judgement comes from Experience; experience comes from Bad Judgement" -Mark Twain
opensees33

Post by opensees33 »

Hi friend
I have a problem during the installation of opensees 1.7.4 on my system whenever i tried to installed it it show that include the bin and lib function .i want the solution of this problem .
I love opensees
VISHAL BHATIA

Post by VISHAL BHATIA »

Dear Friend

You need to include the bin and library functions before you install opensees. Are u using windows or unix. In case of windows, you require a c++ compiler and tck and tk installed on ur system before opensees can run. In case of unix, check out the message board, there is a detailed procedure for installation of opensees in unix system.

Regards,
Vishal Bhatia
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

you need to create a bin and lib directory
wherever $HOME is before you build.