modeling 2d rc moment frame with rc shear wall

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

shahabshamlou

modeling 2d rc moment frame with rc shear wall

Post by shahabshamlou »

Hello everyone, I want to model a two-dimensional concrete frame. the lower floors have shear walls and upper floors just have concrete frames, shear wall usually is modeled by dispBeamColumnInt element. But this element is between two nodes, such as columns and I can not model the concrete frames for upper floors because I need two nodes to model upper concrete frame and there is just one node at top of dispBeamColumnInt element. any one knows how can I simulate this frame? is there any useful Technique for this modeling?
yones

Re: modeling 2d rc moment frame with rc shear wall

Post by yones »

in every floor that you want to put shear wall , you should define multi nodes (such as 8 nodes) within floor so that last node embed on this floor and first node on low floor. between two nodes you should define DispbeamcolumnInt element.
shahabshamlou

Post by shahabshamlou »

Thanks yones, but my problem is about upper frame. if my model have not moment frame on upper floor, I simulate this model with columns and shear wall that ends nodes of shear wall connected to nodes of columns with beam elements,in this model we have one node at top of shear wall that is connected by beam elements to near columns.so we cant build frame above it. what does your purpose mean? how I should connect end nodes of shear wall? should I connect them with half beam to near columns?
|---------|---------|---------|
|# # # # |# # # # | # # # # |
|# # # # | frame | # # # # |
|---------|----?----|---------|
| # # # # | # | # | # # # # |
# # # # # shear wall
( # just filling space, it doesn't matter)
Last edited by shahabshamlou on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
shahabshamlou

Post by shahabshamlou »

would you mind speaking on the phone? could you chat to me? my email is : shhb_shml@yahoo.com thanks.
yones

Post by yones »

i can not Understand your model !
can you put your model as picture in my email : yones_k_1985@yahoo.com