Issue with locally built executable OpenSees

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

alikmo

Issue with locally built executable OpenSees

Post by alikmo »

Hi Frank,

I downloaded OpenSees source code and opened the solution file (OpenSees\Win32\OpenSees2005.sln) in Visual C++ 2010 to built it. In the first attempt I got an error message, I found your comment in http://opensees.berkeley.edu/community/ ... =4&t=25351 and removed the project quickMain from the solution and built it. It worked and I have the executable file. (I can send it)

Now I’m trying to analyze two examples provided in the source code “OpenSees\EXAMPLES\ExampleScripts”, which are Example7.1.tcl and RCFrame4.tcl, by locally built version of the executable file and got an error window (Run-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable 'iperm_r' is being used without being initialized.). By debugging the program I found that the error is occured in "OpenSees\OTHER\SuperLU_3.0\SRC\dgstrf.c" (line 311). I can analyze both of the examples, however, with the downloaded executable file without any error, while as mentioned before the locally built version doesn’t work.
I tried to use the locally built executable file to analyze some other examples, some of them work fine while some others doesn't work (all of them work fine with the downloaded version) and I couldn't find any specific reason.

My operating system is WindowsXP.

Is there any step that I’m missing? What would you suggest to fix this problem?

thanks,
Ali
linguan118

Re: Issue with locally built executable OpenSees

Post by linguan118 »

Try to define "iperm_r = NULL" in files related to SuperLU.
You can search key word "iperm_r" in the folds.
Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
guanlin@polyu.edu.hk
alikmo

Re: Issue with locally built executable OpenSees

Post by alikmo »

Thanks linguan. it worked. I used some other tricks to resolve the issue and the worked as well.