eleload command

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

madarshahian

eleload command

Post by madarshahian »

I use a nonlinear beam column element for both beams and columns in some 2d frames.
Pushover and time history analysis: I use [color=blue]Eleload [/color]command for gravity loading. In the help manual I saw this expression: :arrow: “NOTE: the forceBeamColumn (nonlinearBeamColumn) element might have problems converging; the current code needs to be redone, 'MICHAEL' has promised to get around to it.”
This made me to write you in order to ask if I can be sure about my models or if not I have to use another way of loading. It is important for me if I can trust pushover results of these frames and also their nonlinear dynamic analysis . :?: Thank you for your good hints in advance.
Best regards,
Ramin
Last edited by madarshahian on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
silvia

Post by silvia »

i just did a building frame and i have noticed no difference between element loads and nodal loads.
Silvia Mazzoni, PhD
Structural Consultant
Degenkolb Engineers
235 Montgomery Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA. 94104
madarshahian

Post by madarshahian »

Thank you so much, base on your reply I could continue my thesis by using this command without any doubt.