OPS_GetCrdTransfXd in elementAPI

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

denavit

OPS_GetCrdTransfXd in elementAPI

Post by denavit »

Could you add OPS_GetCrdTransf3d and OPS_GetCrdTransf2d functions to elementAPI?

Thanks,
Mark
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

no .. you have 2 options:
1) they could go in the elements that actually have them and you could do a dynamic cast to that element type if you have only a pointer to an element, or if you are programming your code in c++ you could just keep pointers to these elements.
2) use the setResponse(), getResponse() methods to do what you want.

the latter is what is normally done for people who want to put code into the platform that does not meet the current interface.

i am not aainst adding things to the interface, the reason i won't add this to the interface is that it is not a generic element thing and i don't screw up the clean interface to suit any particular class. if i did (and i know this from experience) the element and material classes interfaces would grow out of all proportions.
denavit

Post by denavit »

I think I might have been unclear (I apologize if I wasn't and am asking again).

I meant the elementAPI located "OpenSees/SRC/api/elementAPI". I was asking for functions similar to "OPS_GetSectionForceDeformation" to be used in the function which defines the tcl commands in a element in a dll.
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

no you were clear .. my fault .. it is a good idea and i will put it in tomorrow.
denavit

Post by denavit »

Thanks
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

i have added the code to the repository.