which version supports save command

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

karimtarbali

which version supports save command

Post by karimtarbali »

Dear silvia
Hello.
i use 2.1.1 version and when i type (save 1) i get this :
invalid command name "save" .
i badly need to use this command. could you please tell me which version supports save command.
thanks a lot
kt
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

did you issue the database command?
karimtarbali

Post by karimtarbali »

Hello
no i have not issued it.it worked thank you.i have another question:

Could i run opensees via matlab then save the state of model and revise loadpattern and then run it again.
is it possible??
thanks a lot
kt
JoseLeo
Location: Department of Civil Engineering, Kunsan National University

Post by JoseLeo »

it is possible to run opensees via matlab m-file with the command: ! OpenSees Inputfile.tcl , by putting them in the same current work directory.

It is then possible to run Opensees in a matlab loop by changing/varying the input parameters and writing a new .tcl input file in each iteration, say a Monte-Carlo analysis (ex. for-loop statements). Post processing and plotting of the results would then be very convenient if everything is worked inside matlab.

However, it must be noted that with this procedure every analysis run in each iteration within a matlab loop is deterministic, and the state of the model is always refreshed anew, meaning it does not carry the analysis output conditions from the previous state as its initial condition for the start of the next iteration.

Although it is also possible to make an analysis loop directly within the .tcl input file, but I am not just very sure if it also carries the previous state as its initial condition for the next iteration since I haven't tried it myself.
karimtarbali

Post by karimtarbali »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JoseLeo FOR YOUR EXTREMELY KIND REPLY.

how about using database save and restore command inside the loop so that model could not be refreshed?
kt