link error new CVS OPENSEES FILES

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

aizen

link error new CVS OPENSEES FILES

Post by aizen »

Dear all

excuse me, if I post here too but I find no answer in framework forum.

If i try to compile the new OPENSEES CVS source files (the older files work well) with vc++2008 I have this errors:

element.lib(TclElementCommands.obj) : error LNK2019 "int __cdecl TclModelBuilder_addSingleFPBearing(void *,struct Tcl_Interp *,int,char const * *,class Domain *,class TclModelBuilder *,int)" (?TclModelBuilder_addSingleFPBearing@@YAHPAXPAUTcl_Interp@@HPAPBDPAVDomain@@PAVTclModelBuilder@@H@Z) "int __cdecl TclModelBuilderElementCommand(void *,struct Tcl_Interp *,int,char const * *,class Domain *,class TclModelBuilder *)" (?TclModelBuilderElementCommand@@YAHPAXPAUTcl_Interp@@HPAPBDPAVDomain@@PAVTclModelBuilder@@@Z)

material.lib(TclModelBuilderUniaxialMaterialCommand.obj) : error LNK2019: "void * __cdecl OPS_NewSAWSMaterial(void)"
\bin/openSeesTk.exe : fatal error LNK1120

Please can you help me?

AIZEN
fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk »

i have updated the windows projects which should fix this problem.
aizen

Post by aizen »

Thanks a lot for your help fmk

but I have a problem yet.

I use microsoft visual studio c++ 2008.

the error message:

1>------ Start compilation: Project: Material, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Building in progress ...
1>SAWSMaterial.cpp
1>..\..\..\SRC\material\uniaxial\SAWSMaterial.cpp : error C4335: Mac file format detected: convert source files in DOS or UNIX
1>The build log is saved in 'file://c:\OpenSees\Win32\obj\material\release\BuildLog.htm'
1>material - 1 error/s, 0 warning /
2>------ Start compilation: Project: quickMain, Configurazione: Release Win32 ------
3>------ Start compilation: Project: OpenSees, Configurazione: Release Win32 ------
2>linking in progress...
3>linking in progress...
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: Unable to open file of input 'material.lib'
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: Unable to open file of input 'material.lib'
2>The build log is saved in 'file://c:\OpenSees\Win32\obj\quickMain\release\BuildLog.htm'
2>quickMain - 1 error / s, 0 warning /
3>The build log is saved in 'file://c:\OpenSees\Win32\obj\openSees\release\BuildLog.htm'
3>OpenSees - 1 error / s, 0 warning /
4>------ Start compilation: Project: OpenSeesTk, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>linking in progress...
4>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: impossibile aprire il file di input 'material.lib'
4>The build log is saved in 'file://c:\OpenSees\Win32\obj\openSeesTk\release\BuildLog.htm'
4>OpenSeesTk - 1 error / s, 0 warning /
========== Compilation: 0 completed, 4 failed, 21 update, 0 skipped ==========

Please Can you help me?

Best regards

Aizen
aizen

Post by aizen »

Dear fmk

I have find the solution but I think that It is necessary to update the cvs file.

1.I have opened the project C:\OpenSees\Win32\OpenSees2005 and I have converted it in vc ++2008 project (automatic request of the vc++2008 program)

2.then I have compiled the release win32 version of the program

3. at the end of the compilation I have had the error message that I have posted.

4. I have searched the file SAWSMaterial.cpp using the serch function of vc++2008 and then I have opened this file.

5.At this point vc++2008 asked me if I want to change the file with termination rows windows (CR LF). I had accepted it and then I have recompiled the project opensees release version win 32 and the compilation process is succeded

I hope to help someone

Best regards

Aizen
harleyotto

Re: link error new CVS OPENSEES FILES

Post by harleyotto »

In case you are trying to compile or run OpenSees on MacOS X and are confused by what's available on the OpenSees website, here are some Makefiles and binaries to get you started.
Current version supported: 10.4.x and 10.5.x
Current hardware supported: Intel processors
Current OpenSees version: 1.7.5
Note, as stated in the Makefiles, you will probably need to install some additional software on your Mac even if you are just going to run the binary. This includes Tcl/Tk (if you have an outdated version) and some other libraries, such as PNG. Help on locating these is also provided below. Also, if you have not already done so, you need to install X11 from your original OS X install discs (it is not usually contained in a default installation). And if you are planning on compiling anything, make sure the Developers Tools package is installed (it contains Xcode, gcc, etc). These tools are also provided on your original OS X install discs.