Problem creating nDMaterial

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

kyonten

Problem creating nDMaterial

Post by kyonten »

Frank,

I have created the DLL successfully, and while running the input tcl file I get a warning that nDMaterial could not be created. All the files are in the same directory, and there are no mismatch of names. I'm not sure if the problem is because OpenSees during execution doesn't recognize the material DLL or that there might be errors in the implementation and it terminates without pointing to the specific errors. Is there any other place that I need to make changes for nDMaterial (the example you gave is for the uniaxialMaterial)? Looking at materialAPI and materialTypes files, we don't have to specify nDMaterial or uniaxialMaterial type. Would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Post by kyonten »

I located where the warning "nDMaterial: MyModel could not be created" is. It's in the file
TclModelBuilderNDMaterialCommand.cpp (Line 1001). It appears that the section corresponding to dynamic API for nDMaterial is not implemented yet. I checked the repository to see if I have the updated version, and I do. Is there an updated file that is not committed to the repository?