how to check the model

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

trainee

how to check the model

Post by trainee »

Hello,everyone,I'm a really new guy.I'm trying to use the opensees these days,but it was a relly great challenge for me.I have encountering many problems since I use the Opensees.Sometimes,it was the convergence.Sometimes,it was the model itself .Even I contructed a model and it can work very well,but it can't get the
matched results.It really depress me a lot :cry: .The question is how I can check the model.I just can't get the point.Could anybody provide some ideas ? I really appreciate you.
ismailqeshta

Re: how to check the model

Post by ismailqeshta »

As a beginner, I would strongly advise you to follow the OpenSees basic examples available through the link below. Have a look at them and then start coding a model or two yourself by referring to the explanation provided in each example.

It can be a little hard at the beginning, but by the time you will be able to model any structural element. It is also not a bad idea to sketch the structural elements with their nodes coordinates, fixities, and transformations (if the model is 3D) in their respective both global and local axes to avoid getting confused.

OpenSees examples:
http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index.php/Examples
trainee

Re: how to check the model

Post by trainee »

Thanks ismailqeshta for your reply,and I will try you advice!