Bouc–Wen model

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

civilengineering

Bouc–Wen model

Post by civilengineering »

Hi everyone

I want to consider stiffness and strength degradation as well as pinching effects. For this aim, I want to use Bouc–Wen model but there are not parameters that consider pinching effects ($q $zetas $p $Shi $deltaShi $lambda) in Bouc–Wen model, so I have to use BWBN model but I have another problem with BWBN model, there are not parameters that control material degradation ($deltaNu $deltaEta) in BWBN model. What should I do for considering stiffness and strength degradation as well as pinching effects using Bouc–Wen model?

Thanks so much
fmk
Site Admin

Re: Bouc–Wen model

Post by fmk »

if it is not in the model .. your only option currently would probably to modify the source code .. there is, i believe, a warpper under development but will not be avail in binary form for at least a year
vjayaprakash

Post by vjayaprakash »

Dear FMK, Is a preliminary version available available in binary form yet. I have been trying BW and BWBN too. The complete version, will be very useful for the community.
samearthquake

Post by samearthquake »

Dear vjayaprakash

Do you want to consider stiffness and strength degradation as well as pinching effects using Bouc–Wen model?
Do you find a solution for your problem?
vjayaprakash

Post by vjayaprakash »

My hysteresis loops have strength degradation, stiffness degradation, and pinching. I need to consider all three aspects, in my dynamic analyses.

However, In Opensees, Bouc Wen model does not consider pinching while BWBN considers pinching, but does not consider degradation.

So that's where my problem is struck/ stopped. Need the full BWBN model with all three aspects.
samearthquake

Post by samearthquake »

Dear vjayaprakash

You can use IDARC software for overcoming this issue.