WARNING PlainHandler::handle() - multiple single pointconst

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

zourguinadjib

WARNING PlainHandler::handle() - multiple single pointconst

Post by zourguinadjib »

Good morning,
I found this WARNING when i applied the gravity on my model what's the problem (i fixed the node 3).
Thank you in advance

OpenSees > analyze $NstepGravity; # apply gravity
WARNING PlainHandler::handle() - multiple single pointconstraints at DOF 0 for node 3
WARNING PlainHandler::handle() - multiple single pointconstraints at DOF 1 for node 3
WARNING PlainHandler::handle() - multiple single pointconstraints at DOF 2 for node 3
WARNING - ForceBeamColumn2d::update - failed to get compatible element forces & deformations for element: 11(dW: << 1.59
904e-008)
WARNING - ForceBeamColumn2d::update - failed to get compatible element forces & deformations for element: 12(dW: << 3.51
925e-007)
WARNING - ForceBeamColumn2d::update - failed to get compatible element forces & deformations for element: 13(dW: << 8.37
816e-007)
WARNING - ForceBeamColumn2d::update - failed to get compatible element forces & deformations for element: 15(dW: << 7.15
57e-005)
Domain::update - domain failed in update
LoadControl::update - model failed to update for new dU
WARNING NewtonRaphson::solveCurrentStep() -the Integrator failed in update()
StaticAnalysis::analyze() - the Algorithm failed at iteration: 0 with domain at load factor 1
OpenSees > analyze failed, returned: -3 error flag
fmk
Site Admin

Re: WARNING PlainHandler::handle() - multiple single pointc

Post by fmk »

as the message says you have multiple constraints on node 3, possibly a duplicate fix or else you hve fixed 3 constrinaed to move wit some other node.

it is probably not effectiecting the results. elements 11, 12,13 and 15 are failing in the first analysis step either due to load increment being to llarge or your element properties being poorly selected. you might try elastic materials for everything and have a look at forces and displacements with these to see which is the problem. if it fails elastically, your section definition is incorrect.