Solution File Not Loading Properly R5855+

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

blaiman

Solution File Not Loading Properly R5855+

Post by blaiman »

Anyone having an issue with the solution file not loading either all the projects or even just some of the projects based on which revision of the source code you check out? Seems like I only see this problem occur after the codes corresponding to the 2.4.5 exes but the 2.4.4 solution file seems to work just fine. I know it's definitely not a VS issue since I've tried it on VS2010 and 2013 with Express and Ultimate editions and yield the same issue. Input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Brighton Laiman
Development Engineer
RISA Technologies
Foothill Ranch, CA
blaiman

Re: Solution File Not Loading Properly R5855+

Post by blaiman »

Looks like with some work and minimal effort, using the OpenSeesVC6 file as the solution file gets things running and built just the same... which leads me to my next question. What is the difference between these two solution files?
Brighton Laiman
Development Engineer
RISA Technologies
Foothill Ranch, CA
blaiman

Re: Solution File Not Loading Properly R5855+

Post by blaiman »

Problem solved! For future reference if anyone else is having this issue:

For some reason the project files need to be updated individually under the Win32/proj directory unlike previous releases apparently. Before you were able to open up the solution file and MS VS would ask you if you would like to convert all your projects to be updated blah blah blah. Well if you open up the project folders individually and update them one by one followed by reloading your solution file, you should be able to rebuild all the projects just fine and get things up and running. Hope this saves some other poor souls down the line... it can be a pain to do it individually, but it's sure to work!
Brighton Laiman
Development Engineer
RISA Technologies
Foothill Ranch, CA