updateParameter Problem

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

kaaug

updateParameter Problem

Post by kaaug »

Hello,

I am analysing a column with axial force and bending moment applied at one end. I am trying to use updateParameter to change the fixity of one of the ends from pin to fix after completing the first analysis. In my model, updateParameter command is updating the modulus of elasticity of the material (steel01) assigned to the zeroLength element at the column end as follows:

set Parameter_E 0.0001
uniaxialMaterial Steel01 160 $Fy $Parameter_E $Eh;
element zeroLength 60 1 2 -mat 160 -dir 4
parameter 1000001 element 60 material 160 Parameter_E
addToParameter 1000001 element 60 material 160 Parameter_E
updateParameter 1000001 0.0001
#Analysis 1
updateParameter 1000001 100000.

However, I allways get the following error message:
Parameter::addComponent 1e+006 -- no objects were able to identify parameter material 160 Parameter_E

I'll really appreciate if you could please send me your feedback regarding this problem.
lorcancon

Re: updateParameter Problem

Post by lorcancon »

The final input used in "Parameter" and "addToParameter" should specify what is the parameter is being assigned to. If you change the final command from "Parameter_E" to just "E", it should work. However, the setParameter() class may not be set up for zero length elements or uniaxial materials.

Hope this helps,
Lorcan.
kaaug

Re: updateParameter Problem

Post by kaaug »

Lorcan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried your solution, but the problem isn't solved. I'll try other solutions to solve my fixity problem.

Regards,
Karl