Does anybody know where and how OpenSees get the load input?

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

Sissy

Does anybody know where and how OpenSees get the load input?

Post by Sissy »

I am doing a SDF truss analysis and I use the trigonometric time series input for a dynamic analysis. I want to check if the input loading is same as defined.

I did not see a recorder which could record the load input(which I think is not the reaction force in a dynamic analysis). Does anybody know how to record this either in Tcl command or in the developer C++ source files? Where is the load input being taken to the calculation?

Thanks a lot!
Sissy

Re: Does anybody know where and how OpenSees get the load in

Post by Sissy »

Add:
The question occurs when I am going to define a new material and define the setTrialStrain function.

I am just wondering where the input "strain" comes from and how it is calculated. I tracked several steps back to the Node.cpp but could not find how it calculated the displacement according to the user input loading.

I also looked the timeseries subdomain under the "domain" project, but could not make it clear to myself.
fmk
Site Admin

Re: Does anybody know where and how OpenSees get the load in

Post by fmk »

there is no option to record the load at the moment.

as for the setStrain(), that is called by the elements and not the nodes. so if you have a truss model look at the truss elements update() function.