Uniaxial Material: steel03

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

hobbylofty

Uniaxial Material: steel03

Post by hobbylofty »

Is there somebody who knows how to apply the uniaxial material steel03 in the material library, in order to simulate the behavior of reinforced steel bar in presence of buckling?

There is one uniaxial material steel03 in the OpenSees, however there is no introduction about how to use this material.
By browsing the OpenSees API (http://opensees.berkeley.edu/OpenSees/a ... eel03.html), I learnt how to define the parameters in the command line( initialize parameters of the API) while using material steel03 in absence of buckling.
But I don't know how to define the values of the parameters in the command line in order to simulate the steel bar in presence of buckling. In other word, I don't know the meaning of the parameters a1, a2, a3, a4 in the material steel03 API, nor understand the relationship with buckling.

Look forwards your kind reply and thanks a lot! :)

Zhihao
Department of structures
Rome Tre University
brag006

Re: Uniaxial Material: steel03

Post by brag006 »

Have you tried contacting the person who made that code. There name is usually in the source files
hobbylofty

Post by hobbylofty »

Not yet. Thanks for your reply. I will contact the programmer of this code. I will add the answer of my question after I get reply.
Department of structures
Rome Tre University
linguan118

Post by linguan118 »

Why not use ReinforcingSteel model?
Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
guanlin@polyu.edu.hk
hobbylofty

Post by hobbylofty »

I found this material could consider the nonlinear buckling, so I would like to try this material.
Department of structures
Rome Tre University
wuhaoshrek

Post by wuhaoshrek »

linguan118 wrote:
> Why not use ReinforcingSteel model?

Can you give an example on the parameters for ReinforcingSteel material, like for normal ASTM A706 reinforcing bar? thanks. or do you have analytical model
parameters calibrated for certain commonly used reinforcement?